You can shop for most things on RCM without needing an account, but you’ll miss out on the benefits of being a member.
High shipping volumes are causing some delays. Please allow extra time after the expected delivery date before contacting the seller to let them know that your item hasn’t arrived yet.
When you buy as a guest on RCM, you can still track your purchases and return items you’ve bought, but you won’t be able to use My eBay to keep track of your activity, message other members, or sell your unwanted items.
How to buy as a guest on RCM
Once you’ve found an item you’d like to buy, you can go to checkout to complete your purchase. Here’s how:
- Select Buy It Now on the listing.
- Select Check out as guest.
- Fill in your shipping address, email address, and payment information.
- Select Confirm and pay.
Your guest order confirmation email
When you buy an item as a guest, we’ll send you a guest order confirmation email, with the subject line “Order Confirmed”. You’ll need this email to view your order details, contact the seller, track your order, or start a return if you need to send your item back.
If you can’t find your guest order confirmation email in your inbox, select the button below and we’ll send you a link to your order details.
Tracking an order as a guest
If your seller is sending your item using a tracked delivery service, you can follow your item’s progress all the way to your shipping address.
Here’s how to track your order as a guest:
- Find your eBay guest order confirmation email. The subject line starts with “Order Confirmed”.
- Select View order details.
- Select Show shipping details.
You’ll see a delivery status bar with a delivery company, tracking number, and the item’s current location.
If you don’t see the tracking information you can select Contact seller on the Order Details page and ask the seller if they will upload the tracking number.
Return an item you bought as a guest
If you need to return the item you bought, you can open a return request through the order confirmation email you received.
To start a return:
- Find the email with the subject line starting “Order Confirmed”.
- Select View order details.
- Choose Return item.
- Select your reason for returning the item.
- Select Next.
- If you like, you can add a message for the seller and add up to 10 photos.
- Select Confirm return.
Creating a RCM account
You can still register and after you’ve bought an item as a guest. Your guest purchases will still be managed separately, but you’ll find all your future purchases in My Account.
To create an account, select View order details in your guest order confirmation email and then select Register at the top of the page.
Once you’ve created an RCM account, you’ll get all the benefits of being a member. You can:
- access full order details
- bid on auction-style listings
- leave feedback
- send messages to other RCM members
- use My Accont to manage and track orders
- access My Account community resources, such as discussion boards